See how an OFA membership can work for you.
To learn more about becoming an OFA member visit us at www.ofa.on.ca
or call us toll free at 1-800-668-3276.
1. A Trusted Reputation: The OFA has been a respected voice for over 77 years, now serving more than 37,000 farm families in Ontario. Our work has helped to make Ontario agriculture and food a $34 billion industry.
2. Low Cost Value: For only 53 cents a day — that’s less than a cup of coffee — members gain a strong voice, speaking about farm issues to all levels of government, plus personal service and many benefits of membership.
3. Responsible Representation: OFA leaders are elected directly by farm family members, to develop policy and speak on behalf of farmers to government, industry and consumers. We work closely with farm commodity groups in both traditional commodities and specialty produce.
4. Local Representation: OFA members gain a strong voice on local issues through a network of 52 county/regional Federations of Agriculture. They give feedback to local government, MPs and MPPs, on issues of local and regional importance, as well as sitting on many local advisory groups.
5. Research for Tomorrow: The OFA policy and research team provide the elected leaders and members with background information on the issues that affect your day-to-day operation, such as farm finance, business risk management, property assessment and taxation, line fences, farm equipment, land use planning, food safety, wildlife, energy use, environment, drainage, labour, and new or emerging issues.
6. Benefits on and off the Farm: OFA Member Benefit Partners offer significant savings for farm families, including health and dental insurance plans, farm insurance, preferred bank rates, fleet pricing on vehicles, retail stores discounts, phone plans and equipment, wireless internet solutions, and equipment leasing.
7. Farm Financial Issues: Working together with other farm groups and government we have developed programs to stabilize farm income and manage the many risks associated with farming. We have worked for fair taxes on farm property, including seasonal bunkhouses and equine facilities, and continue to pursue fair land taxes.
8. Local Service: The OFA is the only general farm organization that provides individual service to members, with 21 knowledgeable Member Service Representatives across the province. They provide information and assist farmers with issues affecting their farm business.
9. Supporting Young Farmers: The OFA Task Team on Beginning Farmers aims to make the Farm Business Registration program accessible to new farmers. We are also a proud supporter of the Junior Farmers’ Association of Ontario and Ontario’s Young Farmers Forum. The OFA’s Proud to Lead program supports local development of Ontario agriculture’s future leaders.
10. Advocacy Results: Results of our advocacy and lobbying efforts offer solid value to members.